Happiness is chicken mandi. | Food | 11561
here are few points to make it easy to prepare mandi
Ingredients of Chicken Mandi:
1) 750 gms Chicken Big pieces4 cups Basmati rice1 cup chopped onions2 tbsp ginger garlic paste4 tbsp Butter15-20 strands Saffron1 Tbsp Almonds1 Tbsp Raisins1 Tbsp Cashew NutsChopped coriander leavesChicken stock cube2 Tbsp Lime juice2 Tbsp Green chilli paste1 tsp Haldi1 tsp red chilli powderSalt as required /Oil as requiredFor Mandi Masala1 tsp Coriander Seeds1 Tbsp Cumin Seeds1 tsp Black Pepper1 Black Cardamom10-12 Green Cardamom8-10 Cloves2 Medium-size cinnamon sticks1 tsp Fennel seeds1/4 Nutmeg2 Mace.
2) How to Make Chicken Mandi:
1.In a grinder, mix all the whole spices and grind to a fine powder. This powder is the mandi masala.
2) In a bowl take 2 tbsp of mandi masala, add ginger garlic, lime juice, red chilli powder, half saffron water, and green chilli paste and mix everything together.
3)Clean the chicken pieces and make gashes on them, rub the mandi masala marinate on it properly. Let this marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes and a maximum of 4 hours.
4) In a pan take oil and fry the marinated chicken pieces for 10-15 minutes on each side in low flame.
5) Soak the rice in 2 cups of water for at least 30 mins before cooking.
6) In a handi or big pan, add butter, some oil and chopped onions. Fry until the onions are golden brown.
7)Now add the 1 tbsp mandi masala and fry for 2 minutes. Add litre water, chicken stock cubes and let it come to a rolling boil.
8)Now add the rice and let it cook until the water has dried and the rice is soft.
9)In the pan with rice, add fried chicken pieces on top, nuts and coriander.
10)Use the coal smoking method if you like at this point.
Serve this deliciousness and enjoy!
DO YOU LIKE IT??